Category Archives: Uncategorized
Run for Shelter | 5K/10K Bridge of Hope Greater Denver
Bridge of Hope Greater Denver
Run for Shelter
May 7th, 2017
Join us for the Run for Shelter 5K/10K Walk/Run and 100 Meter Kids Fun Run
The race begins right behind Farmhouse Brewery and runs North along the Scenic Platte River Trail.
The 1st annual Run for Shelter 5K/10K Race for Bridge of Hope Greater Denver takes place on a scenic, out and back course during the peak morning hours in Main in Littleton CO. The course’s will run North & South along the scenic Platte River Trail for a beautiful scenic view. 10K Runners will Head North,Cross the King Horn Bridge to loop around and make your way back to the Beautiful Views of the Platt River. 5K runners will head South taking in the views of Farmhouse Brewery/Breckenridge Brewery. This is a pretty flat and fast running path and a few curves as the course follows the Platte river downstream. There will be race volunteers along the course to keep you pumped up and cheer you on to victory. The event also includes a pre-race Gear up Night at Boulder Running Company put on just forRun for Shelter 5K/10K participants and post-race festival complete with live music and awards. And is a timed race and a USATF certified course, for those of you who are competitive.
$35 for 5K run/walk until May 5th
$45 after May 5th and Same Day Registration
$45 for 10K run/walk until May 5th
$55 after May 5th and Same Day Registration
Kids Fun Run is free | Sponsored by Chick-fil-A!
Teams of 5 or more receive $5.00 off per runner.
All 5K & 10K runners receive a commemorative T-Shirt
Swag Bag from our Sponsors and Vendors
THIS IS A BOULDER/BOULDER QUALIFING COURSE
WHERE: Reynolds Landing Park, 6745 S Santa Fe Dr, Littleton, CO 80120
Parking in the Brewery Dirt Lot. Attendants will be on hand.
WHEN: Sunday, May 7th
TIME: 8:00 AM
5K-10K starts at 8:15 AM
Kids Fun Run start at 9:30 AM
Awards at 9:45 AM
Additional Race Information
Encore Events & Entertainment will be there to spin the Tunes.
The Farmhouse at Breckenridge Brewery will be sponsoring the Party on the Patio after the Race!
Race Packet Pick-up will be at:
FIT36 located at University Park Shopping Center 9370 S Colorado Blvd, #A-2
Highlands Ranch, CO 80126
May 4th & 5th From 5:30 am until 7:30 pm
Same Day Packet Pick up will be available!
TO VIEW AND ORDER PHOTOS FROM THE RACE, CLICK HERE
Event Contact Information
Christy Lodwick |Race Director
Check out ways to volunteer with Bridge of Hope Greater Denver
Join our Board of Directors:
Skills we’re looking for:
- Real Estate / Property Management
- Social Worker
Time commitment: 3 year term. Averages 3-5hr/wk… It’s a working board and a group committed to be involved to help run the organization. Click here for more information about this opportunity.
Join a Committee:
- Development/Fundraising: involved with any fund-raising efforts – sponsorships, events, oversee donor communications
- Grant Writing / Research: identify potential grants, prepare the grant materials and maintain the relationship with the grantor
- Marketing: prepares and implements an annual public relations and marketing plan and works to promote visibility (includes: videos, promotional materials, public relations)
- Board Service: see above information on Board Service
- Event Planning: assist with planning a fund-raising event (5k/10k, golf tournament, gala), recruit sponsors, event promotions, plan details for the day of event
Other ways to volunteer:
- Day of events
- Volunteer Coordinator: maintain database on volunteers and work with Director and event committees in regards to recruit, train, support, and appreciate volunteers
- Be a “Bridge builder”: an ambassador at a local church, business, civic group, small group to keep the group informed about Bridge of Hope’s happenings
- Quarterly Hope Gatherings: volunteer to provide snack/light refreshment
If you are interested to volunteer with us in one of these capacities, please click here to send an email. Be sure to put in the subject line the position you are interested in and you will receive more information about that role. We look forward to hearing from you!
Ride for Hope with Greater Denver- March 18th
RIDE FOR HOPE- MARCH 18TH
Come ride for Hope, All proceeds benefit Bridge of Hope Greater Denver!
Bridge of Hope Greater Denver exists to end family homelessness for single mothers and their children. The family receives financial rental assistance, professional case management, and a support network of Neighbors – a trained volunteer Faith Community team dedicated to building relationships with the family. Through this three-way partnership we are ending homelessness one church and one family at a time.