Shining Brightly in the Darkness
April 3, 2020
“But I know, somehow, that only when it is dark enough can you see the stars.”
― Martin Luther King, Jr.
This feels like a dark time. You, and most of the world, are stuck at home, illness is spreading, and many are struggling with job loss. I believe that there is so much truth in this quote from Martin Luther King, Jr. Working at Bridge of Hope Greater Denver, I have the privilege of seeing the stars that are shining brightly during this challenging time. Here are just a few examples of recent blessings. I hope reading these will be a blessing to you.
- One mother, Tara, lost her job due to her place of employment closing, but she was able to get two new jobs! We are so encouraged by her work ethic and determination.
- Another mother, Gloria, received an amazing job offer for a position that will start after the stay at home orders lift.
- Mountainview Church donated a week’s worth of freezer meals to bless Bridge of Hope families.
- Another church made a generous and unexpected donation to help our families.
- Many of our families are dealing with decreased income and community food banks have been a huge blessing in ensuring the mothers and children have enough to eat.
- A Bridge of Hope mother who was quite sick has recovered.
- This community continues to give generously to bless our families. I know this is a time of economic uncertainty and your generosity says so much about who you are.